Thursday, October 9, 2008

Entry 7-Music



I had a long day today.
Worked 11 hours, it happens sometimes.
Not what I want to talk about

When I got home, I put in my Beethoven CD.
I sat in the twilight and listened to the first
notes of Moonlight Sonata.

My body instantly relaxed.
My mind cleared.
And I felt peace.

It is amazing to me the powerful effect that
music has on our lives, at least my life.

After 20 minutes of meditating with Beethoven,
I was ready to get on with the rest of my day.

I put in my dance mix, and "shook what my
mama gave me" as I did the dishes and made
dinner.

I think you can tell a lot about a person by
the music they surround themselves with.

I had no idea my good friend was into 80's rock
until I saw the list on her blog. I can totally see
it now. It fits her.

I can't imagine what life would be like with out
music. Sometimes it has been my only salvation.

No comments: