Thursday, October 16, 2008

#10-Waveless Rider

This may just be a hormonal rant, so take it
for what it's worth.

Today totally sucks!
I feel like a surfer at the end of their wave,
unsteady and wobbly, with only the cold
salty water waiting to catch them.

Had to go to work early to cover a sick coworker
Had another one get sick, short staffed all day
worked 9 straight hours with only 2 short breaks
to um......"powder my nose". And I had to coddle
a parent that complains about every little thing.

Came home and called a friend, I admit, looking for
sympathy. All I got were condescending comments,
not what I needed. Was a little snippy with her,
hung up, now I feel bad. Will probably have to
call and apologize.

Went on to my LDS website, where I've made a few
friends, mostly women, mostly Canadian. (I have to
admit that I find the Canadian people on that site a
little more in line with my own views). The boards and
chat rooms were filled with juvenile, high school antics.
On top of that they were also ignorant, racist, stubborn,
ultra conservative snobs.

After my separation, it was the one place I could go
for support and unbiased advice. Now I only go to
keep in touch with a good friends I've made.

So now I'm going to wallow in my own ocean of
salty tears, crank up some melancholy 80's music,
and turn up the damn heat in this
house, so Scott can complain about how
hot it is when he gets home.

There, rant over. I'll be better in an hour.

No comments: